The American Iranian Council, located in New York, Washington, Princeton, seeks a part-time Grant Writer to support the Organization in researching, developing, and writing grant proposals and reports to foundations and corporations.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Grant Writer will work on all aspects of institutional fundraising including identifying and researching prospective funders, writing letters of inquiry, cover letters, grant proposals, interim and final reports, and ensuring that accurate information is entered into tracking systems.
Two to five years of experience with a proven track record of writing successful proposals and reports to government agencies, foundations, and corporations. Preferred candidates will have knowledge of New York funding agencies and familiarity with applications for women’s programs and/or educational and cultural initiatives.
- Demonstrated writing ability including excellent spelling, grammar, and editing skills; effective business, technical and persuasive writing styles
- Professional, prompt, and reliable
- Ability to work with minimal oversight to achieve team goals on a consistent basis
- Ability to handle multiple proposals simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Reliable, flexible, and able to work independently and collaboratively
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and databases
Duties & Responsibilities
- Researching available grants from foundations and corporations
- Generating and gathering data and information to support grant and report preparation
- Drafting grant proposals, including budgets and necessary supporting materials
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample as a pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of receipts, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
About the American Iranian Council
The American Iranian Council (AIC) was incorporated in the State of New Jersey in 1997 as a [501C (3)] nonprofit and nonpartisan educational organization to provide research, policy analysis, public education and community mobilization. The American Iranian Council seeks to help policy makers and citizens overcome many of the key misunderstandings, misperceptions and mischaracterizations that exist between the United States and Iran.